Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Wheat - week 12

So yeah, its been a couple weeks. There hasn't been much happening with the wheat. It's growing - good. The biggest change is that we now have what really looks like wheat poking out the top.

DSC_2562

The problem with that, is that when our horse, Goldie, gets out she heads right for the beautiful, full heads of wheat.Honesty, we have so much around here she can eat it irks me that she heads right for the things she can't eat. I strictly forbade her from eating it the last time I caught her out...bad horse.

I was asked for more technical information on growing wheat. I wish there was something I could say; but wheat is a non-technical crop. It's a dry crop. So, unless it gets over 90 degrees, we don't worry about watering it. Even then, we only water it once a week. Don't let it intimidate you. If you can keep your horse out of it - you can grow it.

No comments: