Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Review Jeremy's Christmas Journey



From Amazon:
For Jeremy, Christmas is just another reminder that he'll never be able to enjoy the things that come so easily to other children. Then one night he has a dream that will change everything. Accompanied by stirring music, this story of finding faith and discovering the power of the Master Healer is sure to be cherished at Christmastime and all year long.

This summary doesn't give you halt the feeling of the book. Due to an accident caused by a drunk driver, Jeremy is paralyzed form the waist down.

I can't imagine the feelings a child would go through as he watched other children play and couldn't join in.  Author Scott A. Johnson  got into Jeremy's head and shared those concerns and thoughts in such a way that my heart was truly tugged for this character.

As this is a Christmas book, I expected that Jeremy would journey to visit the birth of the Savior. I was wrong. Jeremy's journey takes him back in time to just after the Lord's death and resurrection. He attends a trial where men try to discredit Jesus as the Christ. I found it so interesting to read the testimonies and hear the beautiful accompanying music. If you enjoy Christmas music and stories that touch your heart and provide hope during the holiday season, I recommend Jeremy's Christmas Journey.

Here's a sample and summary.


1 comment:

Scott said...

Thanks for posting Christina! I am so glad you enjoyed Jeremy's Christmas Journey. I am particularly pleased that your heart tugged for Jeremy. ~Scott