Friday, April 1, 2011

Confessions of a Craft-o-holic

DSC_2488

Can you believe this pile? I couldn’t. It blew my mind to think I horded all this in my kids closets, under my bed and in my sewing room. It’s overwhelming.

Thanks to the Spring Cleaning Bug I got the urge to purge. Once everything was assembled in the living room, I went through it all – box by box. It took over three hours to sort. I ended up with seven – yes seven – boxes for the DI and two bags for the trash. Often times I’d run across a small scrap and wonder what possessed me to keep it in the first place. Insanity, that’s what it is.

There were some half-finished projects I kept. Like the suit jacket I want to finish, the boys pants that need holes fixed, and a baby blanket that I’m super excited to give a friend. Other than that, if it was half-done it was out the door. The guilt fairly flew from my shoulders. Not to mention the HOUSE actually feels lighter. Is that possible? I don’t know if it is, but it does.

Happy Spring Ya’ll!

4 comments:

Becky Jane said...

Love the purge! I forwarded this post to my friend in SC. She's been challenging everyone to throw away or donate a bag a day for 14 days...you certainly qualify!
Becky

Unknown said...

Thanks Becky - It was a busy day!

Unknown said...

I think I recognize some of that stuff!

Denise D said...

Lovely blogg you have