Monday, December 20, 2010

The week before Christmas.

There’s a first time for everything,
Or, that’s what I hear.
I guess they tell you that
To overcome fear.

I wasn’t afraid;
More excited and proud.
So excited in fact,
That I squealed – out loud.

My hubby hid his face
As I bounded with glee
Through the bookstore shelves
To find my name – yes me!

There it was, in the front,
All brazen and bold,
The cover so shiny -
Nary a scratch or a fold.

I’d seen what I came for
On this December day
It put a smile on my face,
Though the sky was dark grey.

I don’t get out that much
Because I live in the sticks
So it’s taken this long
To bring you this pic.

Thanks to all those who’ve bought it
Those who’ve shared it with friends.
Merry Christmas to all,
Here’s where my poem ends.

DSC_2436

3 comments:

Peaceful Mommy Kayleen said...

Cute poem. :) And again, I'm so happy for you! I haven't had a chance to get out and buy it yet either, but I'm looking forward to it!

Becky Jane said...

Awesome Chrissy!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Christina! Best of luck and Seasons Greetings!