Friday, December 31, 2010

Out with the old; in with the new

My grandma has loved this purse. As you can see, she practically loved it to pieces. From the leaking-pen ink stain on the corner,

DSC_2448

to the thread bare straps she had already sewn together once,

DSC_2449

this purse wore it’s miles inside and out.

I told her I’d work on a new one for her, if I could have the old one as a pattern. After some careful measurements and a lot of pre-thinking I spent a while adding seam lengths before cutting.
Here is the finished product:

DSC_2450

Lots of pockets inside.

DSC_2451

After looking at the two side by side, I think she will be pleased with her new purse. I rushed to get it done, because a woman without a purse is like a statue without its arms; it might still be beautiful, but it’s not complete.

DSC_2447

No comments: