Monday, October 4, 2010

Meating a new flavor

“Salami.” She may have given some fancy title before that, but my mind blocked out the region it was cured in and blah, blah, blah.
“Can I try it?” I’m not usually one to ask for samples at the meat counter. Roast beef, ham, turkey (smoked or not.)
“Sure.” She used a gloved hand to deliver one slice. I took the smallest bite possible, ready to sprint to the garbage can in the corner and spit it out, thus setting a horrible example for the children in my shopping cart. However, my fears of poor parenting were unfounded. I liked it. I liked it so much I ordered an eighth of a pound.
Ha, you're saying, that isn’t that much meat. Oh, but it was. I had sandwiches for four days on that 1/8 lb. My kids wouldn’t touch it and my husband said, “That’s out there.”
If you have any other meats you think I’d like – let me know.
DSC_2229
Here’s one combo that I found really tasty.
1 wheat bagel
1 tablespoon of cream cheese
Spicy deli mustard
Raw spinach
5-6 slices of Salami

2 comments:

Unknown said...

One word: prosciutto

Christina Dymock said...

I have tried prosciutto - in Rome. It was wonderful, but a little salty.