Saturday, November 3, 2012

Kris Kringle's Magic

Kris Kringle Banner.jpg

This was a wonderful story covering the romance between Mr. and Mrs. Kringle (a.k.a. Santa and Mrs. Clause) as well as the beginnings of their Christmas Eve traditions. 

What I loved about this book:
It wasn't just a love story. There are some pretty deep social conflicts going on in the community - well the world over really. Guess who's in the middle of it all? That's right, Kris Kringle. He's a mover and a shaker of the best sort. I had to ask myself, if I were in Rebecca's (MC) shoes, what side would I take? Would I be one to go along with people? Or, would I be one to strike for change? I hope I'd be on the same side as Kris and Rebecca. Really, can you ever go wrong when you side with Santa Clause?

Rebecca also finds out a dark family secret. I won't reveal the info here because I so hate spoilers, but I will tell you that it makes you think twice about judging others. 

I think the author, Dianne Stringam Tolley, did an excellent job building a world we can relate to as well as picture as we read. I loved the elf village. I would love to visit one day and probably stay forever.  
I was so thankful for the opportunity to review this book as it has kick started my holiday season with the right spirit. Grab yourself a copy and kick back with a cup of cocoa. 

2 comments:

Diane Stringam Tolley said...

Oh, Christina, this is absolutely wonderful! Thank you so much for your brilliant review! I can't express how much I appreciate it!

Unknown said...

No problem Diane. I loved it!